Sunshine Coast Public University Hospital PPP Project
The Exemplar Health consortium, including Lend Lease, Spotless, Siemens and Capella Capital, was awarded the contract to design, build, finance and maintain a new hospital located at Kawana on Queensland’s Sunshine Coast.
Delivering an initial 450 bed public teaching hospital, SCPUH will have the capacity to grow to over 738 beds, offering a range of new and expanded health care services to meet the increasing demand for hospital services on the Sunshine Coast.
As a result an estimated 10,000 patients each year will no longer have to travel to Brisbane for complex treatment.
- Comprehensive cancer centre with four radiation therapy bunkers
- New innovative technologies to support patient care including hybrid operating theatres and robotic technologies in pharmacy
- Extensive children and maternity services
- A 54 bed mental health unit including child and adolescent services
- Skills, Academic and Research Centre with Education partners
- 100 place child care centre and 1000m2 of retail space
- 3,500 car parking spaces.