Darwin Marine Supply Base
Capella Capital acted as financial advisor to the ShoreASCO consortium, the consortium to which the Northern Territory Government awarded the right to build and operate a marine supply base (MSB).
The $110 million marine supply base was built on 8.55 hectares of vacant land adjacent to East Arm Wharf and now plays an important role in cementing Darwin’s position as a major oil and gas hub.
ShoreASCO operates the base and contracted local company Macmahon to build the base.
The base has:
- Increased Darwin’s capacity to support offshore oil and gas developments in northern Australia, including the operations in the Arafura and Timor seas and Browse Basin
- Increased the number of rig tender vessels working out of Darwin, providing opportunities for local businesses to service and supply the industry
- Improved the efficiency of East Arm Wharf by providing a purpose-built marine supply base and support facilities
- Allowed local businesses that support the offshore oil and gas industry to grow
- Has attracted new investment and business opportunities to provide services to support the offshore oil and gas industry that are not currently available in the Northern Territory.
The base includes three marine berths with water, fuel, chemical and drilling mud connections, hard stand and lay down areas, warehousing, waste management facility, storage capacity for drilling muds, chemicals, water and fuel, office space and associated facilities.